You can download our Safeguarding policy here.
There is no issue of greater importance to us at Nicol Mere, than the safety of our children.
These of some of the procedures put into place to support safeguarding.
- high-quality leadership and management that makes safeguarding a priority across all aspects of our school’s work
- stringent vetting procedures in place for all staff and other adults
- rigorous safeguarding policies and procedures in place, compliant with statutory requirements and updated regularly
- child protection arrangements that are accessible to everyone, so that pupils and families, as well as adults in our school, know who they can talk to if they are worried
- excellent communication systems with up-to-date information that can be accessed and shared by those who need it
- a high priority given to training in safeguarding, generally going beyond basic requirements, extending expertise widely and building internal capacity
- robust arrangements for site security, understood and applied by all staff and pupils
- a curriculum that is flexible, relevant and engages pupils’ interest; that is used to promote safeguarding, not least through teaching pupils how to stay safe, how to protect themselves from harm and how to take responsibility for their own and others’ safety
- courteous and responsible behaviour by the pupils, enabling everyone to feel secure and well-protected
- well thought out and workable day-to-day arrangements to protect and promote pupils’ health and safety
- rigorous monitoring of absence, with timely and appropriate follow-up, to ensure that pupils attend regularly
- risk assessment taken seriously and used to good effect in promoting safety.